I've been meaning to start this "meme" for a while now...no time like the present.
The rules are too simple (I hope).
When you win:
1. Post the picture above to your blog. You can link here if you want. It doesn't have to become part of the permanent clutter of your sidebar. Goodness no.
2. List at least three writers who you feel live up to the "write hard" spirit. Think: writers who work at their craft, writers who never give up despite the odds, writers who constantly turn out quality work. Writers you admire. Optional: explain why you think they are awesome.
3. Include these rules or a link to them.
4. Notify said writers of their victory. Ask them to pass on the torch.
5. Continue being awesome.
So who do I list to kick off "write hard"?
1. Cate Gardner - The original definition of awesome. Cate's been knocking out great stories for years and taking it all in stride. Big things loom over the horizon for her (did you hear about her forthcoming book from Hadley Rille (Theatre of Curious Acts)?). Amazing things.
2. KV Taylor - The genius behind Red Penny Papers and fellow Belfire Press author. KV's novel Scripped is coming this summer, and you know what you'll be reading.
3. Barry Napier - Poetry, novels, short stories, comic books...what hasn't Barry tried? Get ready for The Bleeding Room from Graveside Tales next fall.
4. Mercedes M. Yardley - All you need to do is follow Ms. Yardley for a short while and you'll be inspired. Whimsical Horror indeed.
5. Milo James Fowler - I couldn't help but give a big shout out to a fellow teacher. I expect Milo's future to be quite bright. (Maybe not as bright as Captain Quasar's smile...)
That should get the ball rolling...and if it rolls no further than these five, it has known some pretty awesome folks.